We are always ready to address your questions and concerns regarding our privacy practices. Please feel free to contact us through one of the following methods:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saks Direct, Inc.
P.O. Box 10327
Jackson, MS 39289
Frequently Asked Questions
- What information does Saks collect?
The Information You Provide to Saks
- In a purchase, we collect information such as your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment or gift card information.
- During website registration, product review, surveys, or other programs you participate in, we collect information such as your name, email address, password, telephone number, loyalty program membership information, gender, age or other demographic information, your interests, and preferences.
- When you participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, we collect information such as name, email address, telephone, zip code and gender, birth month and day, or other information you provide.
- When you send a gift or virtual gift card to a person, we collect information such as that person's name, telephone number email, and/or shipping address.
- When you ask us a question or request a catalog, we collect your name, email address, or other contact information.
- In a purchase at a co-branded designer boutique within a section of a Saks Fifth Avenue store (these boutiques are leased by the third party designer), we and the boutique collect information such as your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment or gift card information.
From Saks' interactions with you: We collect information about you and your transactions and other interactions with us, including the products or services you purchase, use and return.
From Third Party Sources: We may combine your information with information we collect or receive about you from other online and offline sources, which helps us to customize our services.
Personalized Third Party Advertisements: We also may use third party advertisements placed by ad networks to support our site. Some of these advertisers and ad networks may use technology such as cookies and web beacons/pixel tags when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers and ad networks information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and whether you have Flash installed. Some of these advertisers and ad networks also may use anonymous data, such as demographic data, received from third parties to assist in the delivery of advertisements to you. These advertisers and ad networks use the information described above to provide you relevant advertisements based on your online behavior, search activities on our site and on other third party sites, demographic information and/or relevant to your general location, so that the advertising and offers you see on our site more closely reflect your interests and needs. For example, if you search for or browse a particular designer or item on our site, you may see an advertisement from a third party with information about, or an offer similar to, that for which you were searching or browsing on our site, or an offer related to a third party whose site you have visited in the past.
You can set your Internet browser settings to stop accepting new cookies, to receive notice when you receive a new cookie, to disable existing cookies, and to omit images (which will disable pixel tags). Note that the opt-out will apply only to the browser that you are using when you elect to opt out of advertising cookies. You can learn more about and opt out from receiving third party advertiser cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative's opt-out page here. Without cookies or pixel tags though, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our website features.
- How does Saks use the information collected?
- To complete your purchase transactions and provide the services you request.
- To send you catalogs and other offerings on- and offline.
- To contact you about the status of your orders.
- To identify your product and service preferences, so that you can be informed of new or additional products, services, and promotions offered by the Saks family of affiliated companies (including Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, and future additions to the Saks family), and other marketing partners that might be of interest to you.
- To improve our sites, products/services, customer service, and customer shopping experience.
- What information does Saks share with others?
Saks Family: We may share collected information within the Saks family of affiliated companies (including Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Hudson's Bay Company, Lord & Taylor, and future additions to the Saks family).
Co-Marketing Partners: Saks may team with another company to conduct joint sales programs (such as in co-branded designer boutiques in our stores), sweepstakes, promotional campaigns, and other jointly sponsored events. In those cases, each of the participating co-marketing partners may receive information about you.
Legal Disclosures: Saks may disclose the information we receive from and about you to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies in accordance with applicable law. We also reserve the right to share information with legal authorities and other companies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, or to avoid injury to our rights or the rights of any other person.
Saks Credit Card Accounts: We may share your information with the financial institution that issues Saks credit card accounts (please see the "Is there a Saks credit card?" section for more information).
Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are prohibited from using personal information for any other purpose and are contractually required to comply with all applicable laws and requirements, which may include Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards if they are processing payments for Saks.
- How can I view, update or remove my information?
If you have registered for an account or made a purchase, you may view and update your account information by logging into the "Your Account" section of the website with your email address and password. Once logged in, you can view or update your name, address, telephone number or email address. You can also call, write or email a Customer Service representative to access or update any of this information.
- What choices do I have about receiving communications from Saks?
To receive promotional offers from the Saks family of affiliated companies, you can sign up on our website or contact a Customer Service representative. If you register for an account or make a purchase, you will automatically receive promotional emails and direct mail from the Saks family of affiliated companies. You may opt out from receiving promotional emails from the sender only by clicking the unsubscribe link in any of the promotional emails you receive. In addition, if you have a saks.com account, you may change your email preferences regarding email from saks.com by logging into the "Your Account" section of the website or unsubscribe here. You may change your email preferences regarding email from Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH by clicking here.
Our customers receive standard order status communications, such as order confirmation and shipping dates, via email. Your choice to opt out of promotional emails will not affect email notifications regarding your order with us.
If you would like to be removed from our Saks Fifth Avenue catalog mailing list, please contact a Customer Service representative by mail, phone or email to stop receiving paper catalogs.
Saks also communicates via mobile text alerts to customers who opt-in to the SAKS Alerts program. Users can opt-in here. You will receive up to 3 messages per week. No purchase necessary. Automated messages will be delivered to the phone number you provide at opt-in. For help, text HELP to short code 75283. To stop receiving alerts, text STOP to 75283. Message and data rates may apply.
Supported carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, US Cellular
- Is there a Saks credit card?
- What about security?
Protecting the security of your information is very important to us. When you transmit sensitive personal information (such as credit card information) from your computer to our servers, your information is protected by both a "firewall" (a combination of computer hardware and software that helps keep unauthorized visitors from accessing information within our computer network) and industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. For our mobile website, we protect your payment card information using encryption technology when you place an order. Once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable precautions to secure and protect the information on our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online. However, we strive to protect your information and privacy.
- How does Saks communicate changes to this Policy?
- What about other websites?
Our website may include links to third-party websites that are not affiliated with Saks. These websites may send their own cookies to visitors, collect data or solicit your information. The privacy policies of these other websites may be very different from our policy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites and cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you provide to or collected by such third party sites.
- Whom do I contact if I have additional questions or concerns about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our privacy practices, please contact Customer Service by Email.
- What are California Privacy Rights?
If you are a California resident and would like a copy of our notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates that received your information in the past year, please submit a written request to the following address specifying that you want a copy of Saks' "California Privacy Rights" notice: Saks Direct, Inc., P.O. Box 10327, Jackson, MS 39289, attn: California Privacy. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.
- Why is my billing address required for online purchases?
We ask for your billing address in order to prevent against fraudulent use of credit cards and reduce the costs to Saks and its customers. We do not use billing addresses for marketing purposes.
- What is Saks Text Alerts?
We’ll text you when something special is happening at Saks Fifth Avenue. Now sales, events & insider access are closer—and more immediate—than ever. And don’t worry...you can always opt out (no hard feelings).
By opting in to Saks Text Alerts via online Web Form or Keyword, you agree to receive up to 3 auto-dialed marketing text messages per week delivered to the phone number provided at opt-in. Consent not required to purchase goods or services. Message and data rates may apply.Shortcode: 75283 (S5AVE) Frequency: Up to 3 messages per week. Msg & Data rates may apply Basic Commands:
Text HELP to 75283 for Info
Text STOP to 75283 to opt-out
- How do I subscribe/opt-In to Saks Text Alerts?
You may opt-in to Saks Text Alerts in one of two ways:
- Fill out and submit the Saks Text Alerts web form located here. After submitting the web form, an autodialed
message will be sent to your phone number to verify your subscription. Please reply ‘Y’ to this message to confirm
- Text SAKS to 75283
- Fill out and submit the Saks Text Alerts web form located here. After submitting the web form, an autodialed message will be sent to your phone number to verify your subscription. Please reply ‘Y’ to this message to confirm your subscription.
- How do I unsubscribe/opt-out of Saks Text Alerts?
You may cancel your Saks Text Alerts subscription at any time by texting any of the following Opt-Out keywords to 75283:
Opt-Out Keywords STOP CANCEL UNSUBSCRIBE END QUIT
You will not receive any additional messages unless you opt-in to the program again.
- How do I receive Saks Fifth Avenue Store Events for your Preferred Store Location?
You can opt-in to receive Store Event alerts from your preferred Saks Fifth Avenue Store Location. You may opt-in to Store Event Alerts in one of two ways:
- Fill out and submit the Saks Text Alerts web form located here. Select your Preferred Store Location from the list provided. After submitting the web form, an auto-dialed message will be sent to your phone number to verify your subscription if you haven’t previously subscribed to Saks Text Alerts. Please reply ‘Y’ to this message to confirm your subscription. Or,
- Text the corresponding preferred store keyword (Full list below) to 75283.
Text ATL to 75283 to get Atlanta, GA Saks Fifth Avenue store events delivered to your phone.
Store Name Store Keyword Atlanta, GA ATL Bal Harbour, FL BAL Bala Cynwyd, PA BALA Beachwood CLE Bergen County BERGEN Beverly Hills LA Birmingham, AL AL Boca Raton, FL BOCA Boston, MA BOS Chevy Chase CHEVY Chicago, IL CHI Cincinnati, OH CINCI Columbus COL Dadeland DADE Fort Myers FTM Greenwich CT Houston HOU Indianapolis INDY Las Vegas LV Naples NAPLES New Orleans, LA NOLA New York City, NY NY Palm Beach PB Palm Beach Gardens PBG Palm Desert PALM Phoenix PX Raleigh, NC NC Richmond, VA VA San Antonio, TX SA San Francisco, CA SF Santa Barbara, CA SB Sarasota, FL SRQ Short Hills, NJ NJ South Coast Plaza SCP St. Louis STL Troy TROY Tulsa TULSA Tyson’s TYSONS Walt Whitman WW
By texting a Store Keyword you will also be enrolled into Saks Text Alerts. You will receive no more than 3/msgs per week in total.
- Are there any charges/user fees for receiving or sending Saks Text Alerts?
Message and data rates may apply. Saks does not charge you to participate in the program. Saks will not charge you for receiving or sending text messages to or from S5AVE (75283).
- What are the supported carriers for Saks Text Alerts?
Supported carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, US Cellular.
- What is the warranty for Saks Text Alerts?
Saks will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages connected with this program. Delivery of SMS messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator.